Saturday, January 17, 2009

What have you?

I always like the part of the staff meeting where the principal says "What have you?" Kinda like cleaning up house and what's left to say. It's my turn to talk! :)

Today's "what have you's" are:
  • I made the phone call that was part of my homework from the series "One Month to Live". It was one of the hardest things ever. Especially since it was to my mother-in-law. I took alllll week to make the call. I finally picked up my cell phone when I was in the Safeway parking lot and knew I had one day left. (Did you know that I am a professional procrastinator?) I ended up just asking if we could start our relationship over again and be friends. I felt like she didn't like me and I've been part of this family for 25 years. She told me she had no hard feelings against me but never could put her finger on what caused us to be like strangers. I didn't go into exact details because there are definite reasons but this wasn't the time to share. I just wanted to take that first step. So, we've turned the page and started afresh. We'll see what happens in the mother-in-law/daughter-in-law arena next!

  • Results from my 100th post giveaway: The winner of the Starbucks' card is JyLnC! Congratulations to you and send me your snail mail address so I can get it in the mail! Thanks to everyone for sharing your gratitude thoughts with me. I am thankful for you.

  • I have continued to workout every day (2x each day!) at the gym. While on the treadmill, I have my MP3 player on and have the fast inspirational songs turned up LOUD while I'm running or walking. (fyi: slow songs aren't very good motivaters!) I wrote earlier that I'm at 172 lbs and not liking where I'm at. However, one of the songs by Big Daddy Weave talks about that He loves me just the way I am! He's ever patient, accepting me, committed to the process of making me more like Him. He loves me just the way I am, not just when I'm good enough, not when I clean up my act, not when I cross the line for the thousandth times. His grace is enough.

  • Siestas Memory Team. I was sharing with Melissa about the verse we're memorizing for these two weeks. I'd told her that I've been writing down a daily verse, too, and it was amazing what I'm being shown each day. She posted this on my blog "The Word of God can really cut deep into our lives, can't it? After all, it is 'sharper than any two edged sword. It penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow: it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart.' Hebrews 4:12" Thanks, Melissa, for sharing that verse with me! Exactly where I'm at....thoughts and attitudes.

  • I think that's the bits and pieces of my brain today. Mr. York and I are headed to watch the Whitworth University men's basketball team take on Pacific Lutheran Univ tonight. It's Alumni Night so I'm excited to see friends and root on my favorite team! Go, Whitworth!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, it's my lucky day! Thank you!

Patricia said...

Wow - you have a lot going on, Kerri. Good stuff. I'm so excited, and impressed, that you are reaching out to your mother-in-law. I have three daughters-in-law and it would break my heart if any of them felt alienated from me. ((((Hugs))))

Nancy said...

Kuddos to you for taking that first step with your MIL! That had to have been a very difficult call for you to make but now that it's behind you, I bet you feel as if a heavy weight has been lifted from your shoulders.