Sunday, January 25, 2009

"Oh, that my steps might be steady!"

Today's title is taken from Psalm 119. I read it this morning online and was challenged by this one line "Oh, that my steps might be steady, keeping to the course you set." I feel that I am going so many different ways these days, still trying to figure who I am, what I want to be when I grow up and frustrated because things I want aren't happening! I'm not sure I'm doing a very good job at anything. The verse was a good reminder for me to just keep a steady walk and my eyes on Him.

“You, God, prescribed the right way to live; now you expect us to live it. Oh, that my steps might be steady, keeping to the course you set; Then I'd never have any regrets in comparing my life with your counsel. I thank you for speaking straight from your heart; I learn the pattern of your righteous ways. I'm going to do what you tell me to do; don't ever walk off and leave me."

Psalm 119:4-8

No comments: