Good morning, everyone! My Gratitude Friday/Saturday list includes:
1. continued job assignments. I have been busy teaching, from Kindergarten to 6th grade in three different school districts. I am blessed beyond belief to have such great kids to work with! I come home tired but know that it's been a wonderful day of learning.
2. a reminder that we don't know what tomorrow holds, but I know WHO holds my hand. There's an fellow MS blogger that wrote What Will Tomorrow Bring? "Those of us who live with multiple sclerosis, day in and day out, know that our abilities may dramatically change at any time. That’s the reality of living with a faulty electrical system. If there’s a “short in the cord,” the electrical message isn’t going to get through." Well, I'm not worried!!!
3. continued supply of food. We're off to serve at our Food Pantry this morning. For many of our guests, the reserves aren't there. I look at my refrigerator, freezer and cupboards and know there's food for at least a few weeks. I'm also thankful that I've been taught how to budget, create healthy meals from scratch and able to share with my neighbor in need, too!
4. my daughter, Jennifer. She turns 23 this next Tuesday!! What a joy she's been in our lives. She's teaching high school Spanish five hours away and I'm kinda sad that we don't get to be with her for her special day.
5. my morning cup of coffee! It's a hot cup of Starbucks Christmas blend (I still have three pounds of it to savor!) This morning, on a very chilly Saturday morning, it's comforting to wrap my hand around the cup while I'm reflecting on what my heart is grateful for today!
Ok, I'm making a fresh pot of coffee for you....grab your own mug and reflect on what you're grateful for, too!