Friday, January 30, 2009

Gratitude Friday


I'm in Goldendale, WA with my daughter Jen for the weekend. (Goldendale is 2 hours east of Portland, OR.) Starbucks' Christmas Blend will be brewed in the morning and then it's your choice of a Starbucks' drink in Portland. You can shop with us at IKEA and Craft Warehouse!!! Fun girlfriend stuff!! Here's my gratitude list for the week:


1. A day off on Thursday, even though I didn't want a day off! I was able to relax and get some things done that really needed to be completed, including a dr appt.

2. Another wonderful doctor who listens and show compassion. (We think I have a stress fracture in my foot and I needed help getting back on all my meds in order to stay healthy!)

3. Worship Night at Life Center North on Thursday and friends that prayed for my foot! A song from last night is Lincoln Brewster's All To You -- "I've searched and came up empty, This world has nothing for me, You are my One and Only. I'm living my life for You and I'm giving everything to you. Not holding back, from every part, I'm giving it all to you!"

4. My car behaved all the way down to Goldendale. The transmission sounds like it's going out! ARGH! But on a very positive note: It was a beautiful night to drive down here, following the Columbia River and coming over Satus Pass. The stars were super bright and the crescent moon reminded me of the pillar of fire that the Israelites followed in the desert.

5. Friends from all over the world who lift my heart and spirits by their emails! (and for friends in Spokane who continually show me love!!)
Looking forward to hearing your gratitude items, too~

11 comments:

Dani said...

Thanks for the coffee! Have fun this weekend!

Les & Sweetie Berry said...

So glad you have a weekend sharing! Its nice to meet you and I look forward to knowing you! Do you know I have never had a real latte in my life...lived in a rural place until last year and didn't know what to order this year!
hugs
Shanna

Regina said...

Oh i'm so envious that you are up there in that beautiful country. Enjoy your time, chat, have a Starbucks and definately post some pictures if you get a chance. Enjoyed stopping by.
Toodles,
Regina

Kerri said...

Dani and Regina, do you have blogs? I'd love to get to know you! Shanna, it was FUN to read your blog this morning!!! Brewing coffee as I type...it's smelling good. Serving it in Fiesta mugs...what color would you like?

secondofwett said...

It sounds like you had such a lovely time...especially your drive....I loved visiting the Washington area.....beautiful.

mholgate said...

Hey Kerry! Have a great time with your daughter!

Worship was happening all over Spokane this week! My church had worship night Tuesday, LCN on Thursday, and Eastpoint on Friday. : ) Isn't that awesome?

Drive save on your way home...I'll pray for journey mercies.

I'm drinkin' coffee with ya this morning! : )
-Melissa

Rachel said...

Just came over for coffee. Have a great weekend.

Cindy said...

Have a great weekend with your sweet girl!

lov said...

love your list!!
hope you enjoy your time with your daughter

lov said...

when we started talking about groundhog day....i asked my kiddos what it was...and the list of ideas they came up with were....awesome!
:)
i'm pretty sure it can be a blog all by its self!

:)
so i'm thanking you for that idea! :)

Anonymous said...

Worship nights all around huh? We just went to one tonight, and sang that song too!!

Hope your foot gets better.