Sunday, May 17, 2009

Applying for teaching jobs!

After learning that teaching jobs in WA will be very hard to obtain til there's money in the budgets once again, I've started applying in other states and countries! yes....COUNTRIES!! Today I applied for a kindergarten position through Quality Schools International. This job position is located in the Ukraine. While it's scary to have to think about being away from Spokane and my family, I need to be in a full time teaching job. I'm not sure if this is the right decision to be out of the country (didn't I think Grand Coulee and Nespelem was a bit of a commute last yr?) But I think I'm up for the challenge and to gain the valuable teaching experience needed to continue being a teacher of excellence.

If you know of teaching positions in your area (whether in the US or out of the country!), please let me know! I'm a Washington certified K-8 teacher, willing to be in a public, private and/or international school. Guest teaching is a very important role but I'm ready to be back in the classroom full time!! My love of teaching has become addictive~

"If I give the best of me, that becomes my legacy!" (from Mercy Me's Blink of An Eye)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

My sister is a kindergarten teacher at a private school (Chinese Christian Schools) here in northern CA. I'll check with her tonight.

The Farmer's Wife said...

Still nothing open here, I guess. Everyone happily signed their contracts, and slapped on their sunscreen. But, if for some reason something opens up and you are still interested, I'll let you know. Good luck, and you'll be in my prayers, for certain.

TraciG said...

You can go to Montana.gov and then find the education link. From there go to the office of public instruction and then the jobs link. I was just cruising last night, wondering if the high school in our town posted a guidance position. There are a quite a few openings for elementary teachers here in Montana, some of them rural, and some of them on the western side of the state which wouldn't be all that far from home for you. Anyway, it might be worth a look.

Marisa said...

Best of luck to you! As it turns out, I believe all of the full time positions in our county will soon be filled. Don't give up the search!

Anonymous said...

I talked to my sister. It turns out that on their campus, they are getting rid of the other K position, so she will be only K teacher...enrollment is super low because of the economic times... Instead of 18 students, she will most likely have 24. =\

Good luck with your search. It seems everyone is looking.