Good morning! Grab a cup of coffee or a cup of tea and share your gratitude list with me today!
1. being able to teach with the best of the best (the verse about "Iron sharpens Iron" comes to mind. I have trained with these teachers, I've watched them in action, I teach in their classrooms and I continue to glean from their expertise!) I am blessed!
2. LOVING what I'm doing for my career! This week I've been in a 3rd/4th grade classroom and a Kindergarten classroom. It's demanding but I keep thinking "I love what I'm doing!" I can't wait to get to class today and help the kids measure their feet outlines with cubes.I cut out all of their outlines last night so we're ready to measure and compare. (There's a song by Sandi Patty about "beautiful feet!")
3. two noisy Beagle Boys. (They're barking as I type!) They might annoy us with their little antics but they continue to make us laugh and we love them lots.
4. a car that's still under warranty for the transmission!! I will be getting my car back next week. The service manager says it's a miracle that I got back from my 800 mile trip without breaking down somewhere. Believe me, I was out in the toolies this past weekend and it wouldn't have been pretty if I'd broken down somewhere.
5. A night out last night with Mr. York. I rarely go into details about him, but he is really struggling and I knew that if I took him out to dinner, we could talk. What do you do when your spouse is upset with you, not liking his job all that much and mad at himself? What are ways you encourage your spouse? I was just thankful he opened up a little bit last night and we enjoyed a delicious dinner together!
Time to get ready for my fun day in Kindergarten. Be blessed, everyone!