Friday, June 26, 2009
Gratitude Friday (on Saturday)
Good morning! I'm back from my first week of camp...it was intense training on the challenge course. I think I am one big bruise/sore muscle! I'm learning lots, both about how to minister to the kids I'm working with and lots about myself. Amazing that at 45, I'm still figuring out me.
Here's my list this week~
1. cooler weather. It was hot at camp and I was thankful for the cooler mornings when I'd go for walks/runs. However, I have the start of a great tan!
2. the beauty of the camp. I sit on the deck of the lodge, with my coffee cup, looking at the stillness of the surrounding area. Yesterday I saw an osprey swoop down into the river to grab a fish & take it back up to its nest. HOW MAJESTIC!!
3. reminders of God's love everywhere. The team I'm with is amazing! Out of 18 team members, I'm the mom of the group. But they accept me with open arms and they're such a testimony of His love. We're learning lots together and I'm proud to be a part of Camp Tshimikain.
4. my own bed! Last night I think I fell into a "lack of sleep" coma. I don't remember my head hitting the pillow.
5. a super reliable car. We're headed to Seattle this morning for a half marathon. My car is such a great little car, with A/C. Now that we have a new transmission (in Feb), it has zero problems & it'll be perfect for parking in those tight little places.
Have a wonderful weekend~ coffee is always ready, plus adding unsweetened iced tea to the fridge, too. I miss my girlfriends~ esp. since I don't get email or cell phone coverage all week! (I had LOTS to catch up with -- 257 emails, FACEBOOK, laundry, playing with the puppies and kitties!)
Drop me a note...I'd love to hear from you! Headed back to camp in Monday morning~