Tuesday, June 2, 2009

This and that

Just a few random thoughts this morning....

  • Teaching 1st grade today. Yesterday was Kindergarten and I think I am glad that I have no more Kindergarten jobs this school year! Love those little guys but I'm ready to teach in some higher grades!
  • Two new kitties! Jennifer and Brad decided that we needed a new kitten. Well, we're getting TWO! One is pure white (her name is Blanco) and the other is grey and white tabby (his name is Bandit) Not sure why they thought we needed one or two kittens. I guess they are coming home in a few weeks. I'll be sure to post pictures when they arrive. Wonder what the Beagle Boys will think of their new chew toys! (Mary, see?!?! You should have sent me your kitties!!)
  • Job searching. I'm working on a job application for Richland School District. They have a few openings and they're only 2 1/2 hours away from Spokane. I'd love to get the 5th grade position or the 4th grade or the 2nd grade! Getting a job in Richland would mean I would have to live there during the school year but it'd be a full time teaching job and I could come home on weekends. (or David could come see me!)
  • David is starting his teaching certification classes at Whitworth University in August!! He wants to get his endorsement in High School Science. After his graduation in 2012, we'll be able to move to where there's jobs!
  • 21 days until I start work out at the Union Gospel Mission Kids' Camp! Lots to do between now and then -- including going home this weekend for a celebration of the Hansville Church, a wedding, continued training for the Seattle Rock and Roll Half Marathon and the Gaudy Gown Gala ladies' retreat. I live out at the camp Monday through Thursday, giving me three day weekends to be at home.

That's the odds and ends of my brain this morning..... time for a big cup of coffee! Enjoy your day~

1 comment:

GranthamLynn said...

Wow you sound like a busy girl. I'll be praying for you and the job and the details concerning.
Enjoy the kitties.
Have a Blessed Wednesday.
Sherry