Good morning! Freshly roasted coffee being served today in my Starbucks mugs...help yourself!
Gratitude Friday includes:
1. days off! I took yesterday off to recharge. I had a test last night in my English class and I wanted to study a little bit. Well, I studied, took a nap, had tea with a friend, got a flu shot, bought new glasses (I had to get progressive lenses!), cleaned the house and spent some time outside with the Beagle Boys. As much as I love teaching, it was nice to have to only make a decision for me or answer my own questions.
2. medical insurance! I got the flu shot yesterday and although I know they don't cost very much, my medical insurance pays for it all. Because we have our military medical benefits, I haven't had to worry about having other medical insurance while I'm not employed as a full time teacher. I know how blessed we are!
3. the crisp fall days! I love the changing of the colors of the leaves and knowing WHY they change. I'm headed up to Greenbluff this afternoon to get apples to make apple crisp and freeze some apple pie fillings.
4. drop in friends! I had two friends drop in for a visit this week. No call, just dropped in. I LOVE IT!! I miss having people at my house and they don't care that there's disarray all over the house. They came to see me!
5. warm sweaters and sweats! The temperatures have dropped and I'm not wanting to turn on the heat yet. So warm sweats to the rescue for cruising around the house in the early mornings and late evenings. I know, they're not the most beautiful and def don't win points with the fashion police, but they're warm and comfy. The warm sweaters.....cold, windy recess duty on Tuesday forced me to find a warm sweater for Wednesday, along with my coat! I'm thinking it's time to get acclimated or it's going to be a long winter.
What's on your list today? I hope you have a wonderful weekend. My friend Wendy is on her way to FL to see her husband, Lisa is on her way with her husband to Tahiti and I'm going to be wishing I could go somewhere instead of doing the gazillion items I've got to get done here. Have a great time, ladies! I'll just remember that I'm headed to Poulsbo in a few weeks to help with the Lutefisk dinner and San Francisco is going to be on the horizon soon, too!