Friday, October 23, 2009

Gratitude Friday


Good morning! Coffee is on....grab a cup and join me in Gratitude Friday! What are you thankful for this week?

1. coffee! David roasted coffee beans last night and the coffee smells A-M-A-Z-I-N-G this morning.

2. kindergarten hugs! I taught Kindergarten yesterday and the kids swarmed all over me to give hugs when they arrived. Cherished moments. Talk about feeling loved!

3. the ability to still learn! I took a big midterm last night and even though I stressed over it (and don't think I did well!), imagine what would happen if I no longer could be a life time learner?

4. travel time! I spent the last week with my mom in Hansville, I served Lutefisk in Poulsbo, a quick overnight with my aunt & uncle in Auburn, a few nights in San Francisco with Ian and another quick overnight with Jen in Goldendale. That's a lot of miles. I LOVE traveling, though!!! (and all of the Starbucks that are waiting for me to visit!)

5. friends that continue to give me encouragement. Life hasn't been very fun lately. I can't explain everything that's going on, but it's been a sad journey since camp got over.

Thinking on Psalm 61 this morning: "O God, listen to my cry! Hear my prayer! From the ends of the earth I cry to you for help when my heart is overwhelmed. Lead me to the towering rock of safety, for you are my safe refuge, a fortress where my enemies cannot reach me. Let me live forever in your sanctuary, safe beneath the shelter of your wings." (vs 1-4)

Hope you have a wonderful Friday. I'm off to teach those sweet kindergartners again!!

3 comments:

Marie said...

Hello Kerri - thank you for sharing your heart of the things you are grateful for. I have been doing the same today. I volunteer in my daughter's kinder class and love it! They are like little sponges when I sit and read with them. So curious and interested in everything. Such a blessing!

Blessings,
Marie
http://emmacallsmemama.com

Debbie said...

What a great post! I'm right ther with you on the coffee! Mmmm.
We enjoy Pre-K hugs at our house ;) and I'm taking a midterm tomorrow... Praying I AM learning (intermediate algebra - yick!)
Great stuff here - I needed a shake in my perspective!

secondofwett said...

Thank you for posting the scripture...it certasinly is an encouragement at this time of my life too.