Friday, September 12, 2008

Friday and blessings!

Blessings -- I was at a middle school today, teaching CHOIR to 7th and 8th graders. Those of you who really know me know that I'm not very good at any sort of rhythm, even clapping with the worship leader at church! So, I'm here to say that it was an amazing day -- 5 periods of watching the musical "Newsies" with wonderful results of student behavior each period. Since this was a new school district for me, new age group of kids and music, I consider it a very wonderful day.

I also had a phone call from a principal for an interview! WOOOHOOO!!! I'll be interviewing on Monday afternoon for a 6th grade teaching job. I am very excited!! Please keep me in your prayers -- for the right words to say with lots of great teaching examples.

Tonight David and I went to hear Garrett Lamp and his band Amateur Pros play downtown. A fun evening of listening to Garrett play lead guitar and sing. I've known Garrett forever and a day (he graduated with Jen and he worked with me in HUB during his high school years) -- it was an honor to support him tonight and see his mom, dad and brother, too! Nice job, Garrett!!

I'm thinking back on the day -- lots of blessings and good times. I'm headed to bed with a smile on my face and in my heart.

2 comments:

ms.w said...

Glad you had a good day!

Meegan said...

Congrats on your interview! I will be praying it goes really well for you!