Happy Friday! Here's my list for the week....
1. sunshine on the wintery days! It felt so good yesterday to be outside with the sunshine. We've had a mild winter and even though the groundhog saw his shadow this week, I'm okay with 6 more weeks of winter if it's like this!
2. bagels and cream cheese! My favorite breakfast food at the moment. Soft, fresh bagels that are toasted and spread with strawberry or raspberry cream cheese. Yum!
3. Kleenex! I have a cold and it's causing all sorts of havoc. So, the box of Kleenex is my friend this week. I'm wondering how I'm gong to give the spelling test this morning so that the kids can understand me!
4. my 6th grade teaching team! I have the BEST teaching team to work with. They have taught me lots and I'm glad to have them by my side each day. It's been a tough 5 weeks, but I'm learning day by day. (and we've all decided that we definitely believe in prayer in the public schools...I don't think we'd make it each day if there weren't praying teachers and people who pray for us, too!)
5. my 6th grade classroom! I probably would choose a different grade level if I could, but these students have taught me a lot about grace, perservence, the art of counting to 50 or higher to keep from getting upset and how to laugh at myself (because if I don't, they will!) Even though it's been a tough 5 weeks, it's also been a joyful 5 weeks. I'm looking forward to the next 7 weeks with the kids.
I'm off to Starbucks to get a venti vanilla latte before heading to school today. I'd love for you to join me for a coffee!! But if you can't, have a great Friday and let me know what you're grateful for today.