It's the middle of the night but it's still Friday! Grab a BIG cup of coffee and join me in Gratitude Friday.
1. the ability to help plan Jennifer's wedding, via email! I just had a glimpse of the ceremony and reception materials needed for the big day. Jen and Brad arrive on Wednesday for the Thanksgiving weekend and I can already have some items in Jen's box to send back with her to Goldendale. If email wasn't available, we'd be sunk with waiting for the pony express! We have gotten spoiled with the speed of communication these days.
2. warm comforters! As I'm perched on my computer chair at 3:10, I realize that this house is cold and perhspa I really should be back under that warm comforter on my bed. However, I'll press on, share my thoughts that no one else ever really reads & then go back to bed.
3. teaching jobs! I've been blessed with many guest teaching jobs. I'm really starting to understand Kindergartners and how their little brains operate. They are sweet kiddos!
4. David's unemployment! Ok, it's definitely not a blessing, but his being off work has allowed me to write "honey do" lists for around the house. I have my longtime friend Wendy arriving on Saturday afternoon and the house is going to be sparkling because of his wonderful cleaning and polishing. The Thanksgiving meal is almost completely purchased and ready for consumption. I haven't lifted a finger on the shopping! Thanks, Mr. York!
5. snowflakes! I don't think I posted last week and there was a small showing of snowflurries during the afternoon recess break on Friday. One of the girls in another class had never seen snow before! It was a fascination to watch her during the recess. I almost felt giddy as she stuck her tongue out to catch a snowflake and, of course, I joined her!
6. Starbucks coffee and treats! I met up with my summertime boss yesterday and not only splurged on my favorite drink (first time Starbucks ALL week!), I inhaled the first of the season cranberry bliss bar. Oh my goodness! It was sooooo delightful. I can't afford to buy the whole loaf so I'm going to have to search for a recipe to make something very similar to it. Did I mention I also bought not one or two, but FOUR Christmas ornaments? The very cutest miniature Starbucks cold drink cups. Can't wait to see them on the tree! (I only get one; the kids get the rest!)
Wishing you a wonderful Friday before Thanksgiving! Enjoy your coffee this morning~ I know I will need a triple dose of it. Just insert the IV into my arm. I won't feel a thing, honest!
PS I'm needing to revise my blog -- it's kinda boring, both in look and information. I am definitely not the eloquent writer that I've seen out in blogland, nor am I filled with a sense of humor in my writings like my friend Mary (LOVE her blog! Cohagen Chronicles), or a "filled to the gill" writer of energy, play on words thoughts and inspiration like my friend Rachel at the beautiful Home Sanctuary site. I would like to be so blessed as a writer but I know I have a style of my own hidden somewhere....ideas?