Saturday, September 5, 2009

Whitworth University!


New Whitworth University students and their parents began flooding the campus today, moving in and getting to know the beloved WU! It made me very nostalgic -- after finishing my degree two years ago, I love being on campus and I'd love to become a dorm mom!!

David started at Whitworth a few weeks ago, taking teacher certification classes. I'm starting on Thursday with "The Structure and Development of the English Language." I realized I only have ONE class to take to finish my Reading endorsement and eight classes to finish my English endorsement. Time to get cracking and make myself more marketable in the teaching field. The English endorsement would be for 5-12 grade so I actually could teach middle school and high school.

I still don't have a full time teaching job, but I do have a half day assignment on Tuesday at my favorite school in the entire Spokane area -- Ridgeview!

My parents are arriving on Monday afternoon and we're taking them to Anthony's for dinner. They're on their way to Wisconsin and parts of the US farther East. They'll be leaving the same time I leave for school on Tuesday. The poor beagle boys will have gone from having company for the past two weeks to being back in their crates for a half day!

Hope you have a great rest of your Labor Day weekend~ enjoy lots of coffee!!

1 comment:

Ms. G said...

I totally know what you mean. I miss the hustle and bustle of the college campus. I love the feeling of minds buzzing, being surrounded by people that chose to further their education. I miss the college atmosphere, but I don't miss staying up late trying to finish all that WORK.