Sunday, July 31, 2011

The end of July

Wow, this month zipped past. I've spent the last few days watering the garden area and the berry patch A LOT. We've been getting tomatoes, cucumbers, zucchini and the last strawberries. David and I picked 3 gallons of raspberries at Greenbluff. I am making raspberry sorbet and jam tomorrow or Tuesday. It's H-O-T so I'm trying hard to pace myself. Last week was a constant but fun on the go schedule -- dentist, lunch with Charlotte, a day at camp with Melissa, a dr appt, tea with Celia and a few farmers' markets. I LOVE fresh vegetables and fruits & boy is it a challenge to make sure they get eaten right away. We can only eat so many meals. Last night dinner was shrimp and clams that I'd purchased from Spokane Public Market...David bbq'ed them....and then the second round of dinner was crunchy potato salad. SOOOO good! Tonight it's corn on the cob (Spokane Farmer's Market) and pork tenderloin...both on the bbq.

David and Ian are going to the Spokane Indians game tonight so I'm going to brave the temps and turn on the oven to make a peach tart! Peaches are from Wapato and once Jen & Brad move to Yakima, we're going to be visiting Wapato for peaches to can. Another yum!


No comments: