Tuesday, March 31, 2009
Sunday, March 29, 2009
How You Live (Turn Up The Music) - Point of Grace
Saturday, March 28, 2009
For more photo hunt pictures, go to http://tnchick.com. Enjoy!
Friday, March 27, 2009
Thursday, March 26, 2009
Sunday, March 22, 2009
1. The weather today has been drippy. Not complaining because God's watering the grass for us and melting the rest of the snow. I guess I would just like some sunshine, too!! If you color me a picture of spring, just know that the color grey is not my favorite color.
2. I went grocery shopping today. Whew, prices sure have gone up, even when shopping at the commissary!! I'm trying to think if I snuck anything into the basket that was chocolate or yummy. Perhaps the chocolate whipped cream and the angel food cake were the only "bad" things I bought. Everything else was on the list and pretty healthy. One thing I was looking for was millet for a new banana muffin recipe. What is millet? I was thinking it was a cereal or grain. Hmmm...ideas on where to find it besides at the health food type of store? (In Spokane, that'd be Huckleberries or Fred Meyers.) I've got my menu plan done for the next week so I'll see if I can remember to post it tomorrow.
3. Ian goes back to San Francisco for college tomorrow. We're taking him out tonight for Indian food. I'd much rather go to Taste of India than out for sushi. Bleck on raw fish! It's been nice having him home, although we haven't seen much of him. His buddies from high school are home, too, so they've all been hanging out together!
4. Girl Scout cookies are in! YUMMMMMM! I bought two types for the Easter baskets -- thin mints and samoas -- Ian gets to take his cookies with him tomorrow. I bet they don't last through Tuesday! I bought Trefoils for myself. They melt in your mouth when you eat them in bed while reading. Don't chew them, just let them sit in your mouth. They're the best! Bet you didn't know that! (or you can dip them in hot chocolate...they're great that way, too.)
5. I think I need to go back to the gym after even thinking about eating tonight at the restaurant and if I touch more than 2 cookies. Why is it so easy to gain and so doggone hard to lose, even when you eat in moderation and try your best to exercise those extra pounds off?
6. Mr. York raked the back yard this afternoon. It looks so nice. No more land mines from the dogs! I'm ready to plant some things. Hmm, wonder what I could do that the Beagle Boys wouldn't destroy? Mary, I want to do Sweet Peas!! I love the smell and the colors of those sweet flowers. Do you have a special spot at your house for them to climb? I'd share seeds with you!
7. This week is a full week of teaching sweet kindergartners. I have two girlfriends who both teach half time, at two different schools. One is in the morning and the other is in the afternoon. I'm starting up north at Holly's and then zipping southwest to Robin's right at noon. I've got to remember to pack my lunch so I can eat in the car and have time to rejuveniate before the kiddos arrive at 12:45.
Ok, I've rambled enough for tonight. It's time to change and get ready to go out to dinner with the York boys. Have a great rest of your weekend, wherever you are. Know that you are loved!
Saturday, March 21, 2009
I just signed up to participate in the Susan Komen's Race for the Cure event! It's happening in Spokane on April 19th and my fundraising goal is $500. After having one scare of having a breast lump removed (it wasn't cancerous, thank goodness!) and carefully watching another lump at the present moment, I'm committed to help find a cure for breast cancer! I also have a few girlfriends who have experienced a battle or two with breast cancer. The funds I raise will help out all of us. Will you help me meet my goal of $500 this year?
Here's my home page for the Race for the Cure where you can enter your donation information online. (http://race.komenspokane.org/goto/kerriyork)
Thank you so much for your support! If you can't give financially, I'd honor your prayers and words of encouragement just as much!!!
Friday, March 20, 2009
Thursday, March 19, 2009
Sunday, March 15, 2009
Saturday, March 14, 2009
Friday, March 13, 2009
1. sunshine, sunshine, sunshine! (warm and sunny, cold and sunny -- I've experienced both this week)
2. a wonderful neurologist who not only prayed with me during last week's visit, but called me up today to check on me. WOW!
3. my hair stylist Melissa. What a hero! We (she!) took care of that grey today, added some highlights and texturized my hair. It's beautiful once again!
4. my principal friend who has been there for me through thick and thin these past 10 years & I'm blessed because of her positive role model as an educator and a friend. Please be praying for her in the next few weeks!
5. the beauty of Tshimakain Creek Camp! I went out there to deliver a few things and got to tour the camp. This is where I'll be working all summer. It was soooooo pretty -- deer on the property, the Spokane River running alongside the camp, wonderful new facilities and great people to work with!
6. Even though I had to leave the warmth and relaxation of Orlando, I jumped back into the teaching routine just fine. I taught Kindergarten, Special Education and third grade this week! LOVE IT~
7. friends who stop by for tea -- what a treat today!
Thursday, March 12, 2009
I will post some pictures when I get home from teaching today. Lots to share~ you'll love the Disney pictures!
I think the neatest thing about being in Orlando wasn't just seeing the girls and doing the Princess Half Marathon or enjoying the beautiful sunshine and warmth or laughing all the time. (all very imporant things by the way and I know I was blessed!) The neatest thing was seeing my chaplain friend Charlie and soaking in his words of wisdom in the short time we had together as he drove me to the airport. Ever hear the verse "Be still and know I am God" ? Charlie reminded me of this verse and I said "I can't do it...I can't be still." He replied, "You can but you won't because you are scared of what might happen!" Wow, what do you think?! Any words of wisdom from you?
Wednesday, March 11, 2009
I finished the Princess 1/2 Marathon in 3 hours and 37 minutes. Not my fastest time but I didn't run at all. It was a wonderful race and I can't wait to do the Disneyland 1/2 marathon in September.
More later. Just wanted to say GOOD MORNING!!
Saturday, March 7, 2009
Thursday, March 5, 2009
I'm about packed and thinking about what little things I might need to get done before Lisa takes me to the airport. The beagle boys got a bath this morning so they won't be stinky for Mr. York while I'm gone and I've got dishes done. Everything else...who cares?! :)
I'll try to check in while I'm gone. Not taking my computer but one of the girlfriends will probably have their's.
Have a wonderful four days while I'm gone!
Tuesday, March 3, 2009
Sunday, March 1, 2009
I had a super bad headache since Friday and when I woke up this morning, it was finally gone. I tried almost everything to get rid of it. I didn't even go to church last night because I knew that the beat of the drums and the bass would make my head hurt worse! Thank goodness for extra strength Tylenol and a nice comfy bed to snuggle into to sleep.
I took time this morning to go shopping. I bought clear storage containers for my walk in closet. I seriously need 9-1-1 Housekeeper or an Organizing Coach to help me with this "room." I have teaching stuff in there, Christmas, rubberstamping, all seasons of clothing, shoes, kids' momentos, pictures, etc. WHAT A MESS!! Plus the two dressers and David's clothes when I allow him the room! :)
The gym and I became friends again. I did three miles on the treadmill. My foot doesn't hurt at all so I think I might be okay for the half marathon. I loved being back in the gym with my new earphones, listening to great Christian music. Definitely uplifting!
I worked in the closet for a bit. It was a little overwhelming but I also got some items ready to take to Disneyworld. I am determined to have NO turtlenecks or heavy sweaters with me. If it snows while I'm there, I'm going to cry!!!!!
Then I zipped over to the mall to look for a new suitcase. Check this out....a Liz suitcase, orginally $200 and I got it for $19!! WOOOHOOO~
Funniest thing tonight is that I stopped in at Victoria Secret's to browse...always looking for cute essentials. Anyways, I tried some lotion on my hands, not realizing that it has SPARKLES in it. I really like the lotion... it smells great!!!! I might just have to get some anyways and remember it's for at home only. ::::smiling:::::
Now that I'm home, I'm enjoying a glass of wine as I type this. It's a definite "this and that" type of blog posting.