Saturday, November 29, 2008
Friday, November 28, 2008
8 shots a'pouring
4 pounds of beans
2 cups of tea
Thursday, November 27, 2008
Wednesday, November 26, 2008
Tuesday, November 25, 2008
I loved watching "The Flying Nun." This quote from Sally Field reminded me of the show this morning so I quickly did a Google search and found this picture of the show.
What are TV shows that you miss? I really liked "Room 222" with Karen Valentine! (here's the theme song: http://www.royhooper.com/room222.html)
Monday, November 24, 2008
Sunday, November 23, 2008
Saturday, November 22, 2008
Friday, November 21, 2008
2. the ability to help a friend in need.
3. good news from the eye dr that there's no permanent damage to my optic nerve.
4. awesome worship night at church on Wednesday.
5. 18 of the sweetest kindergartners ever!
Wednesday, November 19, 2008
Holly's blog candy
Tuesday, November 18, 2008
Monday, November 17, 2008
Saturday, November 15, 2008
1. Shopping with girlfriends is so much better than shopping alone!
2. Love and laughter!
3. Growing older with girlfriends who have known me since the dorky years! (and they still love me and vice versa!)
4. Having popcorn for dinner while watching a Christmas movie!
5. Starbucks and everywhere we've shopped these past two days! (and don't forget the chocolate stops, either!)
Becky at Starbucks
Wednesday, November 12, 2008
Tuesday, November 11, 2008
Monday, November 10, 2008
Sunday, November 9, 2008
Are you who you want to be? I don't think I am. But I don't know who or what I want to be, either. Crum. Thankfully, though, I know Who I belong to and He has the plan for me.
Saturday, November 8, 2008
Friday, November 7, 2008
Grease muffin tins. Mix together dry ingredients and set aside. In mixing bowl, combine eggs, pumpkin and margarine. Fold in dry ingredients, stirring until just moist. Stir in chocolate chips and chopped nuts. Bake 20-25 minutes at 350 degrees. Enjoy!
2. for continued teaching jobs. I've had a full week of teaching!
3. for Dieter. I took him to school this morning and shared him with my teaching friends. He wiggled his way into their hearts! It was great to watch them just melt.
4. for drs' wisdom. I have a mammogram/ultrasound tomorrow morning to see if the lump inside of me is growing. Please be praying....I would like to get a biopsy done asap and be done with it.
5. for a warm cup of coffee. My cup is full this morning and I'm enjoying it as I'm typing up my gratitude list. Yesterday it was very rainy and foggy -- I just wanted to grab a cup and sit by a fireplace with a friend. It didn't happen, but I can enjoy the cup now while it's still raining and I'll meet up with another friend for lunch before I teach Kindergarten.
Have a wonderful weekend, everyone!!
Thursday, November 6, 2008
Tuesday, November 4, 2008
The author continued by listing positive statements like "I will smile more, I will continue to pamper myself, I will grow more interesting with age, I will let go of things I cannot change, etc."
My question tonight is "What positive statements -- an 'I WILL' statement -- would you include in this list?"
Monday, November 3, 2008
Psalm 23 for Busy People
The Lord is my pace setter, I shall not rush.
He makes me to stop and rest for quiet intervals.
He provides me with images of stillness, which restores my serenity.
He leads me in ways of efficiency, through calmness of mind.
And His guidance is my peace.
Even though I have a great many things to accomplish each day
I will not fret, for His presence is here.
His timelessness, His all-importance will keep me in balance.
He prepares refreshment and renewal in the midst of my activity
By anointing my mind with His oils of tranquillity.
My cup of joyous energy overflows.
Surely harmony and effectiveness shall be the fruits of my hour,
For I shall walk in the pace of the Lord and dwell in His house forever.